Covid-19 is without question a dangerous and deadly virus. As the virus continues to spread we want to do all that is within our power to help slow the transmission rate. We want to actively love others by practicing proper hygiene and following social protocols where appropriate. In so far as health organizations recommend social distancing, mask wearing, vaccinations, etc., we will happily urge our members and visitors to exercise their liberty of conscience.
However, we do not believe that local or federal government has the right to make laws or issue mandates that directly impact our constitutional religious freedom to worship God in accordance with his Word. Simply put, corporate worship of the King of Kings is outside of the biblically granted jurisdiction of the state (cf. Rom 13:1-7). Therefore, we cannot in good conscience comply with any mandates that would limit our capacity to worship including (but not limited to) singing, preaching of the Word, and gathering (cf. Acts 4:17-20, Dan 4:8-12). Our allegiance in these matters belong to a higher authority.
Nevertheless, we hold this in tension: The reality of a very real and dangerous disease and the biblical necessity of corporate worship. Therefore, our COVID-19 policy is as follows:
- We ask that if you are sick or in anyway symptomatic (fever, chills, congestion, cough, etc.) please stay at home and worship via our livestream.
- If you have knowingly been exposed, please stay at home until a negative test is received or you show no symptoms for a period of 10-14 days.
- We do not require, nor will we ever require, a person to show proof of vaccination. However, we believe that COVID vaccinations are a matter of personal conscience and such decisions should be left to the individual to decide what to inject or not to inject into their bodies.
- At Antioch, wearing a mask is not a political statement. Though we do not require them, if you desire to wear one, you are absolutely more than welcome to do so.
- Should an outbreak among our congregation occur, we will move to a livestream-only service for a minimal time period to be determined. We will let everyone know via text, website, email, and social media.
- Hand sanitizer is placed around the building for your use.